Vintage one owner Viscount Aero Space Pros

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey
I have two Viscount Aero Space pro bikes - near original condition, original owners (purchased in 1976) and plan to sell both. The mine has a large frame and is original except for the rear wheel. My wife's is a smaller frame and is original except for the seat. Both still have the original forks. We never heard the "death fork" story until recently when I began to think about selling them. The smaller frame has been riden very lightly over the years, and the larger frame a bit more. They need tune ups and tires, but otherwise are in great shape.

Is there a market for these bikes? What is a rational price range?

Jerry Herrendeen
Grand Rapids, Michigan

T4tomo

Legendary Member
1625060657892.png

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Jerry Herrendeen the Viscount range of bikes especially the Aerospace models have to be one of my all time bikes , they look good , they ride great , originally had good equipment and i owned one new in the mid 70's along with my father one of us had a red one the other was blue but neither of us can remember who had which.

The death fork was mainly bought about by Americans (sorry) after a few forks broke early , pretty sure nobody died .

I would and have ridden several with death forks fitted never had an issue .

As for value hard to tell as you are in the States but in the UK they can still fetch good money ie £200 plus

As this random one on e bay shows https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174725859975?hash=item28ae790a87:g:C~0AAOSw~VxgcGtB although this one has had replacement forks fitted

Last edited:

goldcoastjon

Yes, these bikes are worth something.

Join the USA-based Classic Rendezvous list (http://www.classicrendezvous.com) and search their Google Group's archives for discussions of the bikes. You can post a FS listing (you must include photos or a link to pix) if you are a member of the Google Group.

(The group does NOT allow posts like yours that ask to establish value, so do your research on ebay and in the archived list postings.)

Jon

Top Bottom