Vitus Sunday bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guzzi

Vitus.jpg

To give you some history 20 years ago I was a Cycle Courier, as I went around I used to think about my perfect bike.
When the Industry started to crumble around me I left and rejoined the mainstream and bought my perfect bike one component at a time. My then girlfriend now my wife bought me the last few bits for Xmas and my birthday (Boxing Day) and I spent a lovely birthday building it up. The chain snapped first ride causing a painful Top tube testicle interface.

Ironically it isn't the Greatest London bike ever, the frame flex and wheel flex can combine badly and ,even at 20 years old, it's a bit of a Scrote magnet if you chain it anywhere.

(the unusual stem /handlebar arrangement is due to repeated broken wrists from my years as a Motorbike Courier)>

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
So do you still have the Vitus now ?

OP
OP
G

Guzzi

It’s really a bit too big but it was the only cyclocross frame I could find. Pre internet of course, someone pointed me in the direction of a shop in Norfolk (?) who took ages digging it out and sending it.
It suits my son who has a 34”inside leg.

Very nice! The bigger the frame size the whippier they tend to be.

I’m guessing that as well as owning a big French bike you are a fan of big Italian motorbikes.

carpenter

Über Member
Being a bit of a numpty, what are those handlebars/what brand? I have started to get a bit of arthritis in the base of my thumbs (along with gout:sad:) and would like to experiment a bit with different bars.

Cheers. Guy.

OP
OP
G

Guzzi

Being a bit of a numpty, what are those handlebars/what brand? I have started to get a bit of arthritis in the base of my thumbs (along with gout:sad:) and would like to experiment a bit with different bars.

Cheers. Guy.

Profile Air Wings, I have had a pair snap but this was when I was a Courier and they did replace them foc.

carpenter

Über Member
^^^ cheers :smile:

Top Bottom