Vizavee Black & White Houndstooth Sam Browne Reflective Belt...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
... and wrist bands.

"Hi-viz doth offend mine eye" is the motto on my family crest. But I do like being seen at night when commutting and the clocks are about to go back. I can't be doing with flouro colours and have been looking around for ages for a white reflective Sam Browne style belt.

Vizavee do a range of belts and wrist/ankle bands in their 'Retro Reflectives' range. Some are quite funky and would suit the chic man or woman about town. Being a black and white kind of guy I bought the black and white houndstooth check.

The wrist/ankle bands first... Simple, light and not too/at all chunky. Velcro closure on the tried and trusted principle of long strip of furry stuff & small square of hooks. And proper velcro too, none of this new improved rubbish beloved of other people. I don't, I hope, have particularly thick wrists and they fit me fine at the smallest setting, so they might be a little loose if your a racing snake. But then racing snakes aren't generally nocturnal. Just the job to ensure drivers have a chance of seeing my hand signals out on my unlit country road commute.

The Sam Browne... It adjusts for waist and shoulder. It will fit someone a fair bit bigger than me and adjusts down from there. Big chunky buckle that is easy to do and undo in gloves. Is flock lined on the inside to stop it slippin' and a slidin'. Stitched construction rather than welded. I generally see this as a good thing until something stitched snags and the stitches act as perforations. We shall see.

Both being black and white in daylight these items are pretty inconspicuous. This is, in my view, 'a good thing' but others of a more fluorescent disposition will be appalled by my cavalier attitude. In the dark with a source of artificial light hitting them. WOW! Yep. They reflect like a reflecting thing sent away for a period of reflection.

I heard about them from the nice people at road.cc who did a review here. They take PayPal, they send send their stuff out fast, and the packaging is recycled and bio-degradeable if you care about such things (I do).

Top Bottom