Waiting in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
For a builder .Done the ironing changed a light bulb.
Now i'm BORED .
Must get a life .

Seem to be stuck in a rut.

And the bad news is i might have to find a part time job next year.

To help with the financies.Pension not stretching as far as i hoped .

Keith Oates

Janner
Well look on the bright side, if you do get a part time job it will stop you getting bored as well as helping with the finances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norm

It's a tough one, Postie. I've had a few periods of long-term unemployment but always through choice rather than circumstances. The kids helped but getting into something of a routine also helped maintain sanity. It doesn't have to be a daily routine, but tell yourself to do X on Monday and Y on Tuesday, with the different tasks being stuff you enjoy doing but may otherwise ignore. For instance, take a one-way train journey to return by bike, get out and take some photos of a new subject or a new discipline, learn a new type of cooking etc. Stuff that you might do anyway but which can take your time and provide you with an interest without much £££s outlay.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
He has been ,floor is up those laminate boards gone into the garage.If i had my way down would go carpet again .

Going to be a job of getting a better level with a compound.Then a better underlay and finally new boards.

One thing this is not costing any extra .Paid for it once.He is a good lad .
Job wise i took early vol retirement .And still having two girls at school .The money is not made of elastic.
But i am better off than many, many people .
So a prt time job will get me out of the house even though i do vol work at the mo' i don't get paid .
Not to worry what i need is a good blast out on the bike.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
At my previous house I converted the cellar into a habitable room - plastered it and a few days later put down a laminate floor. The flooring sucked all the moisture out of the new plaster and then promptly delaminated. Had to rip up the floor and do it again when the plaster had dried properly....doh!

A calaminatey 3BM.

That's what I was going to say Jane. I found some Schloer? fizzy grape juice but haven't tried it. Just not got the bite.

Just easier to get from supermarket - I get fed up of waiting in for things.

Top Bottom