Wandle Trail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
HI,
Me and two of my cycle friends completed the Wandle trail yesterday on sunday afternoon.The Journey was from my Flat in Croydon which im lucky enough to be situated right by the river wandle(At the top of the river,up stream).The wandle river is 14 miles long to the end which then connects down stream to the river thames.We cycled back the same route,which was quicker because we now new the route.

It was a great day for cycling off road,not much mud by the river sides,as ive known the walk ways to be a little more water logged which is common,because of the river off course!!! The route is quite easy to follow and the paths and tracks are very simple with no inclines at all on this ride,but make sure you dont get side tracked with the route c20 to wandsworth,which can take you away from the wandle trail(river) andthe parks at times..Its quite simple and a fun ride route which is great for anyone wanting a start out ride with abit of interest in the history of the surrounding areas that the wandle passes and has provided mill industry to the south of london..I would give this route a serious thought to any novice,fun and great way to get back on the bike 9-10,its a very flat ride..
14 miles long,28 miles on the return..We managed to cycle it in just under a hour on the return,but discovering this route takes awhile with stops to map read and sight see ect,so make sure you give an extra hour to your journey time......Simon

Cubist

Still wavin'
Sounds great fun and a good intro as you say.

Top Bottom