Wanted: Rear 6-speed mech to replace Sachs Huret Eco S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looks like you're sorted now, but I have a couple of Sach Huret mechs that look like that (they were on both on bikes with 5 speed freewheels tho' so maybe not) one in fair condition. One really, really awful, but maybe works if you scrape the filth off. FTAG.

Decent nick: http://imageshack.us/a/img28/2521/rearmech.jpg
Orrible one: http://imageshack.us/a/img197/488/huret.jpg

Thanks for the offer - thanks to Hacienda & Wobbly John I think I'm sorted. Hopefully someone else can make use of them.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Nice WJ! Lots better than the rusty thing i was going to offer the OP!
Oh yes! "I had to take it out of its packet" What swank! ^_^

Wandering off topic a bit...

By the way I have an item low down on my to do list to catalogue and offer free to a good home quite a pile of old junk used retro components. Including these Sachs Huret mechs, Weinmann centre and side pull brakes, a GB stem or two, Weinmann red dot brake levers, a nearly new BB assembly (cups bearings & axle) couple of chainsets (one Dawes branded the other I can't remember) and so forth. None of it is really classic, it was all cheap end of the market when new, and it's all used and scuffed so it may well just be junk. The only thing that has any class is Benelux front mech that was old when I got it in the 70s, an which I'll be keeping as it's lovely.

Is it worth doing this? Are there people out there who would want this kind of stuff? Or is it really just junk?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Calling @biggs682 and others. The answer is "yes" - just check the 'Classic and Vintage' section and you'll find that there are a number of us that run older bikes in addition to more modern ones.

OK I'll try to get around to photographing the bits and post there. Just don't hold your breath. And don't expect any gems because it really is at the junky end of the scale.

Top Bottom