Warm feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
:cold: Did another club ride sunday and my feet were frozen, wearing cycling shoes, whats the best way to keep my feet warm, been looking at overshoes, do these work and which ones are worth getting, what is everybody using,
Cheers Del.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Endura Neoprene Overshoes, toastie.
Wouldn't be without them

http://www.endura.co.uk/Product.aspx?dept_id=107&prod_id=14

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Agree also. Endura luminite overshoes keep me warm, even in scottish winters. Often need a size above that recommended if using with MTB shoes

BBB overshoes in XL (from Wigle I think). About £25 and they fit over my size 45 Spesh MTB shoes perfectly. No cold feet yet this year despite some late evening autumnal rides out in the sticks.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Proper winter cycling boots are warmest: Lake MXZ302, Specialized Defroster, Shimano MW81 etc
Neoprene overshoes are reasonable, but you'll have to replace them every year if you use them much.

Just putting warm socks on generally doesn't work. It's not the sock that keeps you warm, but the air trapped in the thickness of the sock. If you put thick socks on and wear your normal summer shoes, the air gets squeezed out, and the extra tightness restricts the circulation in the foot which makes things even worse.
You ought to have specific winter shoes that are a size or two larger than your summer shoes, to leave room for thicker socks without squeezing your feet. It helps if they don't have mesh ventilation panels in them to let all the warmth out and water in.

endoman

I've got Endura overshoes with club colours on, made from Windtex. Nice reflectives on them, but not 100% waterproof, and already have holes after a few weeks, ok to keep warm ish in dry / light rain, but I will be needing something else to get me through the winter,

Top Bottom