Warmshowers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hubbike

Not sure if any of you guys ever use hospitality sites to find somewhere to stay, or have some travellers come to visit? I happen to think its a great idea and reafirms the generousity of strangers. I wish more things in life could work out like that. . .

Anyway, I asked the webmaster of warmshowers.org, Randy Lay some questions: Read my post here. I thought some of you might be interested.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
We've used WarmShowers both ways. I also think it's a great idea.

It certainly re-affirms the generosity of strangers who are prepared - and in the case of WarmShowers, strangers who know the value of a warm dry place to sleep when you're knackered.

I think a WarmShowers host is particularly valuable when you have just arrived in a new country. A local, or at least someone who's lived there for a bit, can pass on all sorts of useful local knowledge (and/or vocabulary) without even knowing they're doing it.

The only problem is that you're tempted to spend all night talking to your hosts or guests about cycling adventures, when either you or they ought to be sleeping...

jay clock

Massive member
amazingly it is for real and so is the name Randy Lay. A superb resource where I met great people in NZ and welcomed some back here too....

I've had a couple of Warmshowers people visit the boat. It was nice, always good to meet a fellow enthusiast.

Top Bottom