Wasted day, thanks Planet X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
I am angry, not that my stuff hasn't been delivered but that I've been lied to by different members of staff.
Firstly I was promised on Wednesday that my order would be processed and that I would receive my stuff by Friday. I explained that Friday was the last day for me to take delivery because I'm going on my hols, not to worry I'm told, it'll definitely be with me by Friday.
When I haven't had a confirmation email by the end of Thursday I get a bit concerned so first thing Friday I ring them. When I eventually get through, I speak to a gentleman called Brian, who tells me that the order went to the courier yesterday and while supposedly checking the tracking told me that my order will definitely arrive today.
It then pops up on facebook that they've got a new system up and running and sorry for the delays!
OK, fair enough, but why did nobody say this during the week? I get on the phone again, it's now 4:30 Friday afternoon, it's unlikely that the courier will arrive now. The person I speak to tells me that it's due to go out this afternoon, when I start to tell him that I'd already been told it was sent yesterday he back tracks saying that sorry yes it has gone and I'll definitely get it tomorrow.
Talk about when you are in a hole stop digging. Are they all lying barstewards there.
Jeez, grow a pair and tell me the bad news, what's wrong with these people???
So I've wasted a day hanging around doing nothing waiting for a parcel that was never going to arrive. And on top of that when I get back from my holidays I'm going to have to waste time sorting out where my order is, because there's no one here to sign for it.
Never, ever again.

Globalti

Legendary Member
As someone who sends goods overseas by airfreight, courier and sefreight I can tell you that this kind of misinformation is not uncommon and comes from people in the shipping and transport industry who just don't care a damn.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
As someone who suffered working for several years for a furniture company that regularly lied to its customers regarding delivery schedules etc. the first fob off to a customer telephoning them was "It's gone to our couriers"
It would be much easier to tell the truth if there's a problem, but that never entered their lying heads.

Edit: Having said that, the only things I've purchased from Planet X were a couple of beanie hats that arrived the next day via Royal Mail.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jazzkat

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
As someone who sends goods overseas by airfreight, courier and sefreight I can tell you that this kind of misinformation is not uncommon and comes from people in the shipping and transport industry who just don't care a damn.
I don't think they've even picked the order yet, let alone sent it to the couriers.
I'd have been happier to wait if I knew the truth or even cancel my order as I won't be in for delivery. I'd have been more likely to use them again in the future if they'd been up front about it.

OP
OP
jazzkat

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Why are you telling us. Send it to the CEO @ PX.

Do people really hang around at home for deliveries?
When its a minimum of a three hour round trip to get it from the depot, too bloomin' right I wait around. Neither myself or my wife can have things delivered to work so it's the only option. One of the joys of living in a small rural town.
If it hasn't left.
I have no idea, because they haven't got their story straight, they keep telling me different things.
Anyway, I'm on my hols now so there's nothing I can do 'til I get back.

I have had similar with them, it was because one of the items that you have ordered isn't in stock so they wait till they can send it all together. its saves on postage costs but I would much rather they contacted me to say that they can part deliver and charge another delivery.

that said, its only the once that it has happened and ive had no other issues with them.

OP
OP
jazzkat

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
You need to plan a bit better. Don't order stuff near when you will be away. Delays happen. Simples.
The delay isn't really the big issue for me, whilst annoying, had they said when I first rang "we're having a new computer system we can't guarantee getting the stuff there but we'll try" I'd have been happier than being told "yes, you'll definitely have it on Friday" - note, not by Friday, they were both very clear that I would have my order by the end of business on Friday. One of them even made a pretence of checking the tracking details, my order didn't even come by a tracked courier!!

Top Bottom