Waterproof jacket - any suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just ditched my 3rd Altura Crosslite due to another rear pocket tear. The previous ones were replaced under gurantee due to zip failures. I may have been unlucky but it has put me off Altura so I'm looking for recommendations for a relatively lightweight, waterproof jacket up to £120.
I use it for my 'coat' too when touring so stylish would be nice but not essential.

tomb1960

Rich I am going to post an infuriatingly vague answer in the sure and certain knowledge that someone will be along to fill in the missing details afore long! In a bit that dropped out of Cycling + the other day there was an advert for a reversible waterproof jacket that was hi-viz one side and 'normal' the other. The idea being that one looks slightly less tool-like off the bike. Can't remember any details I am afraid! Absolutely love the phtrase 'stylish would be nice but not essential' btw!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Reversible sounds a good idea if it serves the primary anti-rain function!
I think I look stylish frequently until I catch a glimpse in the mirror or shop window!

Coco

I'd recommend the Endura Gridlock. I've had one for nearly a year and its survived a freezing winter and a Scottish Summer ;)

Edit: Oops apologies, didn't see the budget - get 2 Gridlocks ;)

just jim

Endura Convert is what I've got. You can take off the arms and it turns into a gilet. It was good for touring last summer.

Top Bottom