Waterproof jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
My existing Altura Night Vision Evo is nearing the end of its life.
I've been very happy with it, but before I just buy another one, does anyone else have a recommendation?

It has to be warm enough for winter (with appropriate layers underneath of course) and waterproof without being boil-in-the-bag. Good reflectives are a must, but not too bothered about whether it's high-vis or not. My existing one is red which I like.

If it's got a velcro patch on the back for attaching a light, like my existing one, that would be good.

Ernie_RBR

I use this one, and must say nice bit of kit, I've had no issues with it and its into its 3rd year and still in good nick... Oh and an excellent wind breaker also....You can attach a light to it...

The Features of the Endura Gridlock Waterproof Cycling Jacket are:
  • Mid-weight 2-layer waterproof breathable ripstop fabric
  • Fast wicking mesh liner, rear shoulder vents and underarm zip vents
  • Excellent road visibility with reflective on sleeves, front and rear
  • Waterproof snap-down puller zip chest pocket
  • Rear stowage pocket

Hope this helps..

Endura Gridlock Waterproof Cycling Jacket

vickster

Legendary Member
Clothing discounts at cyclesportsuk.co.uk this weekend - altura15 for extra 15% off; dk how their prices compare

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Gore and Endura make some nice stuff. Avoid the ones with the removable arms as they tend to leak water in, in my experience. The Endura Attack is pretty close to the Evo, less reflective though.

Nick Stone

+1 for the night vision, love the fit and zip sides and not that heavy IMO. And for what it is reasonably priced.

Is the hood worth have been tempted but never bothered?

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
+1 for the night vision, love the fit and zip sides and not that heavy IMO. And for what it is reasonably priced.

Is the hood worth have been tempted but never bothered?

I would have thought it would make shoulder checks problematic. Waterproof headgear would be better IMO, as rain ingress via the neck is pretty minimal anyway.

RhythMick

Über Member
My existing Altura Night Vision Evo is nearing the end of its life.
I've been very happy with it, but before I just buy another one, does anyone else have a recommendation?

It has to be warm enough for winter (with appropriate layers underneath of course) and waterproof without being boil-in-the-bag. Good reflectives are a must, but not too bothered about whether it's high-vis or not. My existing one is red which I like.

If it's got a velcro patch on the back for attaching a light, like my existing one, that would be good.
I have the same red night vision EVO in XL barely used and surplus to requirements. If you want another the same and the size suits.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I have the same red night vision EVO in XL barely used and surplus to requirements. If you want another the same and the size suits.

Many thanks for the kind offer. I ended up getting the Endura Luminite. It's thinner than the Night Vision, which gives you more layering options, but not as well made IMO.
Both good jackets.

Top Bottom