Waterproof Jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

I don't do much cycling in the rain but like to have a light jacket in my pannier in case. I bought a cheap lidl one but after two outings the zip bust. Can anyone recommend something not too expensive which will do the job. Also ladies, I am 5 ft 10 and a size 14.16 what's your experience regarding sizes, will I need a mens size to get the length in the arms, I hate sleeves that come up short. whe I first commuted by bike xxx years ago I bought a set of golf waterproofts which served the purpose well but I guess x years on there is more cycling specific gear about.

Thanks folks.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
there is (or was) a really cheap waterproof which is labelled 'Freestyle'. As simple as can be, and they last for years. The colour fades when you wash it, but there you go...

I got mine at halfords

Fiona N

Veteran
I'd avoid men's jackets if you're a curvy female shape as they tend to narrow hips and wide shoulders and you end up having to get too large a size to fit curvy bits adequately.
Gore Bike Wear jackets for women have IME pretty long arms on waterproof and windproof jackets, and it's quality gear. Unfortunately their drawback is being fairly pricey. But check out the women's gear websites (e.g. minx-girl, girlsruntoo, gear for girls etc.) as many are having sales of winter gear at the moment. All these sites have good service and no problems with returns if things don't fit.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've got 2 Altura night vision ones that come up reasonably long in the arms (I have long arms and they fit). But they are probably more suited to winter/heavy rain than a light summer shower/rolling up small.

Top Bottom