Waterproof Shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
I am thinking about getting some of these for off-road and was wondering if anyone on here had any experience. I find waterproof trousers too much but thought these might be just right on cold wet winter days.

Tynan

Veteran
lycra type stuff doesn't really get wet, just damp at worse and dries very quickly, or is that taboo for you off road types

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
Believe me lycra does get wet and only dries when it stops raining. I'm thinking of them for when I'm out on 8hour rides in the rain. I only ever wear lycra on the bike - which I get teased about off-road! But find that I am getting cold on longer rides. On rides of a few hours it is fine.

I've been looking and trying to decide between 3/4 length and shorts.

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
I think I'm going with shorts, it is for my long rides, 4hours and under are fine but the other week I was out of the house for 11hours and even with my thermals under my tights it was cold by the end.

I still get a wet bum off road even with a mud-guard.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I tried goretex shorts once (cut-off overtrousers after the ankles got crampon-shredded). I cut them off so that the end was just touching the back of my calf on the bent leg. This turned out to be too short as the top of my knee got rained on, and the to and fro motion of pedalling meant that the dampness worked its way up the inside of the overshorts.

Top Bottom