Wattbike training sessions ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grommit

Hi All,
Does anyone know where I can go for a Wattbike session in North Yorkshire?

I was hoping to be able to go somewhere pay for a session and see what my power output and pedal stroke is like. Go away try and improve it and then have another visit to see if it was any better.

Had a look around for gyms etc that might have a Wattbike locally but seem to be struggling.

Cheers...

I am Spartacus

Über Member
You will not find many commercial gyms 'stocking' wattbikes in their Spin studios..... if any tbh
The brand is too 'new' and is expensive to purchase when compared to the deals that can be done with Spinner startrac and Schwinn.
If you want power training then it is best to look for a coach who has the kit to test you ona 1 to 1 basis or small group.
Then again you can always go for purchasing the http://www.saris.com/c-6-trainers.aspx?skinid=2 yourself

amaferanga

Veteran
Try Universities with sports science departments. They'll usually have the means to do VO2max testing with a cycle ergometer. They have one at Sheffield Hallam Uni and it costs about £60 + VAT. Let me know if this interests you and I'll pass on the email address of the guy who does the testing.

OP
OP
G

Grommit

Thanks for that.
I can't justify buying one as I would only use it every couple of months.

Good idea with the university, I will see if I can find one a bit nearer to home that needs guinea pig.

Sheffield is an hour and half drive, but if I draw a blank I will give you a shout for the contact.

Cheers

Top Bottom