Weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13liverbird

Im on my 2nd week of work and only managed to go out on my bike twice due to it always raining. Bit gutted as i would have liked to go out more than that. Was just wondering if people still go out for long road rides when its raining or do they just wait till it gets fine?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Rain or shine I commute 32 mile round trip every day.
If you have the right cycle clothing then rain is no bother.

lazyfatgit

Mrs LFG uses the car, therefore it's either use the bike:biggrin: or the BO bus:sad:

For liesure rides rain doesn't worry me as much as wind. I don't ride on road when it's heavy ice (although did do some paths in -5 in Jan).

It's important to keep warm, rather than dry.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Just hang in there for the dry days... I went racing in the wet last week.. it is pissing down yet again now... I am not going racing tonight again in the pissing wet.. its all bollocks about 'having the right clothes' 'oooh just get out there we are all waterproof..' you have a complete right to ignore the wet weather lobby and demand your rights for fair weather

yenrod

If its raining when i'm out i grin and bare it sotospeak (& usually put the roady hat on)

Bianchi%20Cycling%20Cap.jpg

...but if it gets real bad i'll shelter..but very rarelly do i start in it ! (rain)

Though i have rode in ALL weathers !

Doesnt it always rain in Wales?

Seriously im going to stop listening to the weather forecast, do they ever get it right. I put off riding today as the forecast said heavy rain all day. Guess what not a bloody drop has fallen here. Its even been been pleasantly warm and not too windy.

lukesdad

Of course it always rains in wales, Idont have achoice in the matter the weather Blows in from 2000 miles away. We buffer you lot in the east from the worst of it and we ve got all the hills too, softies.

nigelnorris

I cycle into work whatever the weather. I'm a schoolteacher so am two weeks into the summer hoilday and the weather annoyed me at first but now I'm getting used to cycling wet. Today's ride should have been about 35 miles, but because I went on a new route, which turned out to comprise of a good number of foot deep flooded farm tracks, I ended up backtracking to the tune of an extra ten miles. And seeing as how the drizzle stopped and the sun came out after about the first half hour I'm not complaining, made the icecream stop in Henley well worth the work getting there. Plus the view from the hill tops was excellent today, miles of visibiilty. ;)

[I had some icecream that was purple with darkish bits in, in a proper old fashioned wafer cone that had been dipped in chocolate, lush it was.]

mds101

No. Not if it is raining heavy when I set off and is forecast not to stop. I used to, but more recently I've got fed up of getting soaked through. If it is forecast to stop not long after, then I'll put up or hold on for a bit.

Commute used to be different and thats 28 round....having said that, I have got the trian in a bit more recently, but I only get a single ticket so forced to ride home regardless....this works by virtue of me being a tight git.

Top Bottom