Weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Met. office combined with looking out of the bathroom window and a check of the thermometer that I attached to the drainpipe with a bent hairclip.

Bman

Guru
I cant stand the BBC's weather forcasts. Now they have changed it, it seems to be directed at those with no idea of weather patterns. I dont know whos bright Idea it was tostop showing the pressure charts.

I like to be given the information and work out whats going to happen on my own.

Therefore, the MetOffice does it for me. Thats where the BBC gets their info from anyway.

Crankarm

Guru
Bongman said:
I cant stand the BBC's weather forcasts. Now they have changed it, it seems to be directed at those with no idea of weather patterns. I dont know whos bright Idea it was tostop showing the pressure charts.

I like to be given the information and work out whats going to happen on my own.

Therefore, the MetOffice does it for me. Thats where the BBC gets their info from anyway.

+1. BBC forecasts are crap. Never bother listening to or watching them. When I watched TV the local ITV weather bulletins were good as they gave the pressure charts and for the forecast still used the old cloud, sun or rain symbols. Simplicity works best.

Now I use the link below which is pretty spot on most of the time.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Metcheck - mainly because of the interface, rather than the accuracy, although looking at the forecast develop gives you a better clue of exactly what is going on.

Metcheck has been forecasting rain on Tuesday for some time, so I have arranged a trip down to London to avoid cycling in the rain. Hope it is right!!

Amanda P

Legendary Member
When the trees are moving, it's windy. When they're not, it's still.

When there are puddles, it's raining. If there aren't, it's not.

If I feel cold, I put more layers on. If I feel hot, I take some off.

Do I need anything more?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
One morning I got up. Blue skies indicated a clear, dry, but rather cold day.
When I left the house, it was drizzling slightly.
By the time I got to work it was raining heavily, and my white work shirt was virtually transparent.
I now take a much greater interest in the weather forecast, particularly with regard to a developing situation.

Downward

Guru
BrumJim said:
By the time I got to work it was raining heavily, and my white work shirt was virtually transparent.
I now take a much greater interest in the weather forecast, particularly with regard to a developing situation.

Which is where the old BBC and the isobars is missed.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
BrumJim said:

If you had been carrying waterproofs, none of this would have mattered. And you might have wanted them coming home anyway.

Or are you saying you wouldn't have cycled to work at all if you'd known what the weather was going to do?

Top Bottom