Weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
Weather forecasting am I that is fed up of looking at a 5 day day forecast and for eg seeing sun forecast for monday and then the next day the prediction being completely different.
Im comvinced they just make it up to give false hope.
Rant over sorry.

Brock

That doesn't bother me so much as the five day forecast showing something completely different to the 24 hour forecast for the next day.. I mean, talk about covering bases.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It doesn't do to plan your ride or anything else around the forecast - it seems to be more wrong than right these days. I think Metcheck is better than the BBC by far.

OP
OP
M

Milo

Guru
They seem to have it right for here at the moment allegedly going to be a gap at 3 so down the bike shop to colect the bike on the subway 1 courtesy bike :becool:

stevenb

I know what you mean....the weather forecast is changing each day.
I check the 5 day forecast everyday.
This morning was sunny...now its raining....luckily I got my ride in for today. :becool:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I got a fast 26 miles in - damp roads but it's not rained since early morning...

longers

Legendary Member
rich p said:
I think Metcheck is better than the BBC by far.

Me too. Do they have a different source of info to the BBC or just different interpreters?

They got it spot on for today which meant I did my long ride today on a dry still day with the wind and rain starting as I finished about fiveish, tomorrow should be 20 mph winds with heavy rain.

Noodley

Just had a look at metcheck for the coming week - appears I'll be getting snow this week :blush: Mind you, metcheck changes on an almost hourly basis.

A few weeks ago it showed strong wind from SSW changing to light W for my Sunday run, and I planned the route accordingly. At midnight on Saturday/Sunday this became strong wind from NNE and changing to strong wind from SW - aye, brilliant!

Plax

Guru
I've long given up with relying on the weather forecast. I've tried various sites (BBC is the worst), and they all lie. I just check them now to get an "idea". I base whether or not to get up early to cycle in on the sound the wind makes round the house. I've got it down to a fine art now. If my roof tiles rattle I stay in bed for longer and drive in. If it is just occassionally gusty I'll make the effort to get up and look out the window before, a) going back to bed or :blush: getting ready to cycle in. If I can't hear anything then I'm in for a good day of cycling.

Top Bottom