Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Them there roads don't look all that smooth ... were your teeth rattling a bit on the way down? ;)

OP
OP
I

iGaz

Admin said:
Them there roads don't look all that smooth ... were your teeth rattling a bit on the way down? :biggrin:

The roads are rough as hell!!! Had to dodge a few pot holes on the way.

cheadle hulme said:
Good stuff. Road bike or MTB? As admin says, it looked a pretty poor surface. I don't mind doing those speeds on my hardtail but bottle it on a road bike.

Road bike. Good old steel framed special with carbon forks!!! The old ticker was pumping well at the bottom!!

buggi said:
pity the poor guy going the other way in the last few seconds. one hell of a climb!

I climb that hill every morning on my way to work, but then I come down it afterwork as well. It is steep!
:shy::angel:

OP
OP
I

iGaz

Keith Oates said:
<I climb that hill every morning on my way to work,>

After that climb all the 'cobwebs' will have been cleared from the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is cleared, its harder when you have a headwind blowing off the Atlantic as well!!!

thomas

the tank engine
I once hit 50mph. I wasn't putting that much effort in, then I saw the speedo at 48mph...and just had to get it up to 50! I can't remember where the hill was exactly, but fancy going back - I reckon 60mph wouldn't be an impossible target if I put some effort in at the beginning.

Not really sure how sensible that would be though? ;):biggrin: Time to try and remember where it was!

3-IN-One

cheadle hulme said:
Good stuff. Road bike or MTB?

MY thoughts too

Mr Pig

The fastest I've been on my bike, MTB with slicks, was 47.something. Very briefly, a dip in the road coming down towards the house from the TV transmitter out the back. Needed a good tail wind too.

Plax

Guru
Ace, the fastest I've got on my tourer is 41mph. Doesn't matter how fast I pedal I never seem to get above 41mph.

Top Bottom