Weinmann Brake Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Secondtime

Regular
Just coming to the end of fixing up my Carlton Corsa Strada. It had a service and the brakes were set up nicely (at the second attempt) - they are Weinmann Vainqueur 999s. However, now I've ridden it a little, the braking is dropping off. Brake pads look well worn - they are salmon coloured Weinmann 7-spot pads, 40mm (or thereabouts) in length. Anyone know of a source (apart from ebay) for these pads? And if not, what should I replace them with? (I'm a take-it-easy leisure rider, old fart, nagged by my son 'cos I freewheel too much!)

I'd have thought you could just throw some cartridge pads in TBH.

You'll have to buy the whole shebang first off, something like THESE cheap ones, or if you actually want to be able to stop when it's raining something like THESE.

Then when the pads need changing you can just buy inserts and swap them over.

Remember though, when you buy them you only get one pair, so you need to order two lots. This does make the Swissstop's pretty expensive, but it's a classic case that you do get what you pay for :thumbsup:

Davidc

Guru
I recently helped refurbish a 1970s made bike with those brakes (I used to have them on a 1967 Holdsworth when they were state-of-the-art!).

The original pads didn't appear to be available, but we bought kool stop caliper brake pads and managed to fit them (the ones that don't need a holder, the support is internal and they just have a thread coming out).

They worked OK - on the steel rimmed set of wheels they still don't work in the wet!

Top Bottom