Weird electricity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh, if they are going to be reading this thread, I'll suggest they check for electrocuted possums in the substation. In my experience that is a common cause of blackouts and brownouts.
But we voted to cut numbers of immigrants like possums, coming over here, doing the jobs of fine British swans in shorting out power connections.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
They've just phoned me!
Apparently it was an issue with a high voltage pole box and it affected 1100 properties but it's all sorted and fixed now. I thought that might have been the issue, those pesky pole boxes and their high voltage!
@jefmcg apparently they have special trained dogs to keep possums out of the substations but they thank you for the suggestion.

DRM

Guru
They've just phoned me!
Apparently it was an issue with a high voltage pole box and it affected 1100 properties but it's all sorted and fixed now. I thought that might have been the issue, those pesky pole boxes and their high voltage!
@jefmcg apparently they have special trained dogs to keep possums out of the substations but they thank you for the suggestion.
They are having you on, it's special electricity for people who don't pay the bill :okay:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Yep. Brownout.Usually a sub-station fault.

Get yourself some LED's on dimmers and discover how many micro-breaks and voltage drops your supply suffers from.....

byegad

Legendary Member
Sounds like what the left-ponders call a brown out. And yes it can damage a lot of items connected and on at the time. As has been suggested diary the event, I'd also contact the supplier for confirmation of the event, then get everything checked.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Saw the same as a kid, when a storm disrupted the power to our house and next door.
For two days, there was only enough juice to get a tiny faint rosy glow from filament bulbs. Had to light the house with candles, and cook on a camping stove.

We were very jealous that next door had their own generator.

Top Bottom