weird training idea.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smavter

I'm a newbie here, and im not even from the UK but love this forum. I live in Amsterdam and I own one really heavy duty bike, and a few track bikes. I use the heavy duty bike for going to work, shopping etc.

The other day I was cycling on my fietsfabriek superbike, and i was thinking whether training on an extremely heavy bike, lets say 30 kilos (5 stone??) would make it easier to ride a roadbike afterwards with better performance.

my first post yay!

Losidan

when i was racing (Triathlon) I used to have an old 12 speed raleigh pursuit for training on. Uber wide steel rims, crap gears..weighed a ton. Jumping on the race steed felt like a rocket ship. Maybe it was psychological but I always thought it did make a good difference. I also used to do some running with a packed rucksack for the same reason. So, in my opinion, yes it does help.....more weight to push around and higher rolling resistance too to overcome...helps build your strength???

OP
OP
smavter

smavter

It would build strength probably, i'm wondering if any of the pro's do that kind of thing? Sometimes there's wrong ways to build strength though maybe? but it would certainly increase stamina, and half the battle is psychological i reckon.

Top Bottom