Weird WORDL words

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I read that the set of possible solution words is smaller than the set of test words as some words would be too hard for most to guess but remain valid as test word if the user knows them
It's also possible to work out what a word can be without knowing what it is. For example I was doing a Quordle practice game last week. The only possible remaining answer was "humph" which I used and was correct. I realised what it could mean but don't think I have ever seen it used.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Decidedly odd. Do you suppose it could have been done as some kind of dedication to the unknown girlfriend for whom the thing was created? I really can't think of any other explanation.
Yes, it is odd. I tried to learn if it has uses other than a name but have failed so far. I wondered if the creator popped it in during a testing phase.

Works in Quordle as well. Bizarre.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yes, it is odd. I tried to learn if it has uses other than a name but have failed so far. I wondered if the creator popped it in during a testing phase.

1646227139423.png

he clearly shagged around a bit:laugh:

note its practice mode so no spoiler

Susan, Freya, Helen Clair also went red. Holly is a bit of a cheat from me as its a tree also but Gemma - same a Diane doesnt appear to be used as anything but a name,,

and another, dirty dog....
1646227785365.png

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member

There is steak Diane - named after the goddess,

also a pigment, most often appears as Diane, but sometimes as diane

Top Bottom