Welcome to the club? Clipped by car tonight :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike WM

I've read other peoples threads about being hit by cars, but now I'm in the club :bicycle:
A kind driver of a silver Saab hit me with their wing mirror and failed to stop - this may not be that abnormal? I'm sure the driver knew they had hit me as the impact made a rather loud bang.
Amazingly I didn't fall off, and my only injurys are a clipped arse cheek and for some unknown reason 2 sore fingers after they then clipped my handle bars.
Just wish I caught more than the first 2 letters of their registration!!
Lucky considering but Arghhhhhhhh!!
Rant over, feeling a little better.

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear that Mike, could have been worse but could have been a lot better too. Shame you didn't get the full reg.

There's not much chance they weren't aware of hitting you :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
To clip your arse is very very close...... I had someone come in elbow distance this morning, that got a 'too close' shouted at them.... they backed off.....

Your fingers will have been whacked as well, as the mirror may have pinged back, if not, then that was intimate.........:blush:

glad your ok a few weeks ago some kind bugger clipped my back wheel as they were turning left - shattered wrist and fractured elbow. no witnesses and i didn't get either make or number plate of vehicle. but not all drivers are the same see silver laguna driver thread ;)

Bloody hell! How did you stay on? Am impressed. ;):bravo:
Lets hope it's the only "getting hit" club you get to join anytime soon.

And Corvette Chic - What?:ohmy::ohmy:
Corvette chic said:
glad your ok a few weeks ago some kind bugger clipped my back wheel as they were turning left - shattered wrist and fractured elbow. no witnesses and i didn't get either make or number plate of vehicle. but not all drivers are the same see silver laguna driver thread :smile:

Totally missed that hun...poor you.:hugs:

Arch

Married to Night Train
God, amazing you stayed on, well done.

Interesting as well that we are happily using the word 'clipped', which has undertones of "Oh, that's not serious" - no offence meant to anyone, but it just struck me as a rather 'lighthearted' word for "potentially could have been killed" - I'd use it myself...

I suppose, if you have the time, wit and balance, a good kick outwards with a well shod foot might get the message across to a driver, and hopefully dent a panel, but frankly, if they don't care, they don't care....

slinky malinky

Mike WM did you report it??? a check may be made on the part index (nor sure how many digits you need) it will call up a lot (1000's) of vehicles but if you know the make and model , colour, it helps plus a saab may come up as local, plus if there is an anpr camera nearby that could help. worth a try it wouldn't take to long. Hope this helps.

i know what you mean arch and i didn't get an ambulance to come out as i classed myself as "walking wounded" got mik to go and get the van to pick me up - bloody stupid when i write it down but there you go

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear about your injuries Corvette, you must be made of strong stuff to class yourself as walking wounded.
Get Well Soon eh?

OP
OP
M

Mike WM

Thanks for the comments, seems I'm not alone in near misses this week. The thought of 6 inches further to the left did cross my mind! Just lucky all things considered. I was totally taken by surprise when I was hit. If it was on the flat I might have stood a chance for a catch up with 'the car' but it was all steep uphill infront of me. I should have written the 2 letters of the reg last night can't remember them now - all I can think of is KP but I see nut related jokes coming on that one.
I suppose that it comes down to the fact that if you cycle long enough... not that it makes it right. Just wish that the driver had the decency to stop, no I wish the driver had the decency to use their eyes and drive in the empty second lane going up the hill.

Top Bottom