Well, that was unexpected!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I would appear to have won a competition I entered and have won one of these from my local friendly LBS!

http://www.pearsoncy...rame-Blue-52cm/

Now it is just the frame (that bit passed me by when entering :whistle: ), so I will need to get them to build me a bike as I don't really have much wallspace to use it as art :laugh: It is usually sold like this http://www.pearsoncy...Gunmetal-480mm/

I have a drop bar bike so I'd go for flat bars assuming they can accommodate me! I assume it will be more cost effective to order the components online, Pearsons can build and supply me with the sundries like cables I assume.

I don't want single speed as this will probably replace my Sirrus commuter which I'll flog to fund (as I say this was unexpected and funds are low)

To be honest I have no clue where to start! Gearing, just find a bargain somewhere? Brakes, disks? Wheels? Tyres (the frame comes with 30mm) ?

I do have some spare pedals :laugh:

Help!!

You may like to notice that it has track ends rather than dropouts and there is nowhere to hang a rear mech. The OLN spacing for the rear hub will also be 120mm rather than 130 or 135 so you may be limited there as well.

This frame was designed for fixed/SS. I am sure you will get plenty of offers for it.

ETA: P.S. I am not jealous at all. :cry:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Oh :blush: Thanks for your reply...That presumably makes it of minimal use to me! Being a woman who knows nothing technical whatsoever, not noticing that is not unsurprising

I will go and ask them if anything can be done and if not...who would like a nice SS frame, brand new, choice of colour and size! :hello:

I have had my eye on something else anyhow lol

D

Deleted member 1258

I've got a Pearson Touché fixed, they're a lovely bike. Unfortunately I've no use for a frame at the moment.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I am sure :smile: I don't have space for 3 bikes nor the spare cash to actually make the frame into a bike that would be a toy at best. I am guessing here and the LFGSS forums are a good place to start to sell?

I think I will sell it and the Sirrus and get a new commuter toy

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I am sure :smile: I don't have space for 3 bikes nor the spare cash to actually make the frame into a bike that would be a toy at best. I am guessing here and the LFGSS forums are a good place to start to sell?

I think I will sell it and the Sirrus and get a new commuter toy

The mind, it boggles. :whistle:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Hmm, I will ask how much to turn it into a bike...but I really can't see myself using it - it's not hilly around here but with a tatty knee, I do need to make the inclines as easy as possible...I already have a roadbike that I should ride more! :whistle:

I still think I'd be better off selling it and the Sirrus to buy a new shiny flat bar bike for commuting. If it were already a bike, I'd give it a go but as a frame...

Top Bottom