England : Buckinghamshire Westerley CC Reliability Ride, Chilterns, Sunday Jan 13th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frank9755

Cyclist
I'm helping to organise my club's reliability ride. We've been running it for many years but this is the first time we have actively promoted it. We're hoping to get a decent field who want to get the new cycling year rolling and burn off some Christmas pudding.

It's a cracking route that starts in Chalfont St Peter close to the M25 and takes in many of the main hills in the central part of the Chilterns. There'll be fast riders but it's not a race and there will be slower ones as well. And there will be an abundance of cakes at the end.

The main ride is 105km and there is also a shorter version of around 50km. Advance entry to either one is a sportive-killing £4, or £5 on the day.

The route outline is below, there's more info on the website here, or PM me if you have any questions.

full.png

Alberto

That sounds great! Weather permitting, we will be there on the day.

OP
OP
frank9755

frank9755

Cyclist
Update:
A few of us rode parts of the route last Sunday, mainly to check out a new tweak to the route which came down a fairly steep descent I've not done before was ok. It was, so I think the route is pretty settled now - roadworks permitting. It would be great to get weather like last Sunday: was glorious sunshine all the way round.

Also we now have our new (homemade) electronic timing system up and running, and the advance entries have started coming in!

OP
OP
frank9755

frank9755

Cyclist
If you entered LEL after a couple of beers last night and are looking for a good ride to kick-start your training schedule, this might be right up your street :thumbsup:

psitta

I'm new to this game, but have at least bought an Audax bike...will this ride count towards a total annual recognised mileage - or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Chris.

OP
OP
frank9755

frank9755

Cyclist
I've been watching the weather forecast keenly all week. A few days ago it was looking like this was going to be snowed and iced off, but now I'm beginning to think we might just get away with it. Forecast is for it to be cold enough to freeze overnight but dry and windy enough on Saturday for the roads not be wet when it does so!

We plan to make a call by 3pm tomorrow afternoon and will update the website then so that people don't have wasted journeys if it's not sensible to run it.

Frank

Alberto

Won't be able to make this now as I got a bad cold that isn't going to get better over the next couple of days. Hope you can still run the event despite the cold weather.

OP
OP
frank9755

frank9755

Cyclist
Sorry, Alberto. Lot's of colds around. Get well soon!

At least the weather forecast has improved and it now looks like a beautiful sunny day tomorrow so we're definitely on.

Frank

Top Bottom