What a charming individual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
So apparently I should "**** off out of the road" because I "don't pay road tax".

Unfortunately the traffic was light so I couldn't catch up to explain how wrong he was.

gbb

Legendary Member
If that was a passing comment from a driver for no other reason other than sounding off...i wouldnt even blink..just think 't0sser'.

We've all had it i guess. I remember cycling up a narrow country village street. Parked cars dictated i ride on the opposing lane. I was well into that manoever when a car came from a side road and started blundering towards me, rather than wait 3 seconds. I leant toward the window as she came beside me and said (didnt shout)...'nice one' sarcastically.
'Fcuk off ya ****' was the reply :biggrin: from a mother with a child in the back seat :ohmy: .

Charming !!!. I rode on safe in the knowledge that her life must be full of angst, much more so than me...and smiled, the poor cow.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I was perfectly calm, I would have just liked the opportunity to educate the poor ****wit.

Chamfus Flange

After years of this kind of treatment from only a small number of car drivers, I've given up on any kind of comeback. I still wave bye-bye to them which in some cases causes complete confusion, confirming to me that they are in general one cell short of no brain.

BSRU

A Human Being
After years of this kind of treatment from only a small number of car drivers, I've given up on any kind of comeback. I still wave bye-bye to them which in some cases causes complete confusion, confirming to me that they are in general one cell short of no brain.

Someone on CC suggested blowing them a kiss seemed to confuse them.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Don't bother. You're never going to get anything through his prejudices and will merely end up getting annoyed. Just console yourself with the thought that he's a penis and will die of stress before you do. And no one will miss him when he does.

In 99.9% of cases you are right. However there must be one or two who honestly don't know the truth about "road tax" and if I can talk to one of them then maybe I can make them think again.

In this case, with his instant abuse, I'm sure he was not a member of the 0.1% but I wanted to tell him anyway! Don't worry, I wouldn't have got annoyed, I'm like a Zen garden.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Had some guy shout "nearly run over by a f'ing cyclist' at me last night, he was given a similarly worded response. :angry:

Two lanes of traffic, - he'd walked in between the queue on the outer lane, but the inside lane was doing about 20 constant. I was behind a car, keeping pace, with another car behind me. So not just me might have run him over, but two cars too. Probably hissed up on the way over to the pub, and saw a 'gap' in the traffic, but I was the gap. He hadn't actually moved, probably his puddled brain getting mixed up.

betty swollocks

large member
Best response I know to the "I pay Road Tax!"
Is,
"I bet you pay for sex too."

Or,
"You don't pay Road Tax!"
'I know. I don't pay for sex either."

asterix

Comrade Member
However there must be one or two who honestly don't know the truth about "road tax" and if I can talk to one of them then maybe I can make them think again.

I like your positive attitude. There is some good in all of us, even t0ssers.

Arfcollins

Soft southerner.
An innocuous response that works for me, if you are making eye contact, is to wag your finger while smiling and mouthing 'naughty, naughty boy/girl'. For some reason certain people find this intensely annoying.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I just realised I havent had it said to me in ages. The last one was the Seddon van driver fella that nearly clipped me as I went around a bend. I shouted "OI! Steady on mate!" He slams on the anchors a little further on and winds down the passenger window. We had a little chat, I was polite and told him the law and my rights. His response was "I pay road tax!" as he wound the window back up.

I just sat there clapping him going "WELL DONE MATE!! WELL DONE!!" Argument won for him? I dont think so. I then said "After you! I'm not having you overtake me like that again!"

Every driver after, who had waited patiently for the 2 minutes of his education passed me with a full 7 or 8 feet a space. There must have been a good 15 or 20 of them too. So imo the morons are severely outnumbered! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom