what an idiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
i was preparing all weekend for a bug interview. i was checking my presentation this afternoon when i realized i had put the 20th march on my opening slide, thats odd i though my interview is tomorrow, sso i double checked and WHAT AN IDIOT!!! It was today!!! i phoned them as soon as id realized but no chance of a reschedule! i feel sooooo stupid

potsy

Rambler
:blush: oops.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I once booked a 50+ seater coach for a school trip to a science fair in Leeds. I rang the science fair organiser the night before the event to be told "The fair was today".

The miserable cow then let me sweat in silence for what seemed a life time before saying "But never mind, you can bring the kids to tomorrow's event which was meant to be primary schools only but we'll make an exception for you"

It's amazing how many lies, phantom trips, swearing the kids to secrecy scenarios go through your head in twenty seconds. I'd settled for a day trip to Whitby with a fish and chip lunch to buy the kids' silence as the get out activity before the organiser put me out of my misery.

Maz

Guru
i was preparing all weekend for a bug interview. i was checking my presentation this afternoon when i realized i had put the 20th march on my opening slide, thats odd i though my interview is tomorrow, sso i double checked and WHAT AN IDIOT!!! It was today!!! i phoned them as soon as id realized but no chance of a reschedule! i feel sooooo stupid
Tell 'em there was a bug in the software!
Hope you get another shot at it, though. ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
I once came back to my car to find the joyful parking warden waiting to see my reaction when I realised she'd given me a ticket. I pointed out I had a valid ticket displayed properly in the windscreen and pointed out to her that I was indeed back in plenty of time and would she please remove it. No, she told me, look at the date you inputted and I noticed that I had put the previous day's date into the machine while buying the ticket as it was early May and I had forgotten april had 30 days and hadn't changed the date on my watch. Surely that doesn't matter as I was in plenty of time but she informed me she made me 23 hours overdue! The only way out of that situation was of course to let her know exactly what I thought of her. It wasn't worth the £20 fine but it went some way to get some satisfaction back.

Top Bottom