What are those thumb switches?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

Had the 105s on my OCR1. I test rode an SCR2 and didn't like the feel of the thumb buttons TBH, they came across as being a little fiddly to operate by comparison.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
linfordlunchbox said:
I test rode an SCR2 and didn't like the feel of the thumb buttons TBH, they came across as being a little fiddly to operate by comparison.

Just to clarify for the OP, current models of the SCR2 have Tiagra shifters as standard, meaning that gear shifts are done from the main lever and paddle to the rear of the main lever.

LLB

John the Monkey said:
Just to clarify for the OP, current models of the SCR2 have Tiagra shifters as standard, meaning that gear shifts are done from the main lever and paddle to the rear of the main lever.

It was a couple of years ago when they just came out. Riding it convinced me to spend the extra money on the OCR1. I may be mistaken on the model though, but definitely a Giant. It was about £500 at the time.

bobg

Über Member
RedBike said:
Tiagra or Campags Xenon shifters are just soooo much nicer. Bit of shame they're also quite a bit more money.

Are you sure about the Xenons only I got a new pair from a bootfair for £10 and when I got home and googled them it said that they were one down from the Sora in quality and about £40 new? ;)

Top Bottom