what bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robbiep

Über Member
Hi, hope I'm in the right forum. did LEJOG 2010 on a specialized sirrus hybrid, really good experience but have not ridden much since.

Got a budget of 2k and would like some advice on a bike. I like distance and hill riding, not great at getting the power down but like to bang out the miles. Looking to get right back into it, if anybody could recommend a bike I'll look into it, Dont 'have' to spend the full 2k but it's there if required.

Any advice most welcome.

Rob

Enw.nigel

You might want to look at the Focus Izalco. It was Cycling Plus' Bike of the Year 2012 (April Issue). They actually tested the Pro 3 but I bought the Pro 4 because it had the spec. that was good enough for me (ultegra & triple chainring) and also a much better looking bike. I recently did the London to Paris bike ride and was impressed with the way I was able to tackle the hills compared to people around me. I put that down mainly to the weight of the bike (under 7kg) as I do not believe I was any fitter than people around me nearly half my age.
I have also swapped the wheels to fulcrum 5's for the summer and the tyres to Schwalbe Ultremo zx's. A great bike that is an easy ride. I have completed training rides of 50/60 miles with no break and with no discomfort at all.
The Trek Madone 3.5, Giant TCR Advanced 3, Cube Agree GTC Race and Canyon Ultimate AL 9.0 D12 make up the top 5 bikes according to Cycling Plus and they are all within your budget. I am sure other CC'ers will recommend other bikes to you. Good luck Rob

Top Bottom