What car to carry my Nazca ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Currently, I have a LR Disco 1, into which I can put my df bike in an upright position, without removing any wheels, saddle etc. The Nazca is too long, as I need to have the boom quite well extended (I'm 6' 3"/ 1.90m tall) and the front seat of the Disco doesn't fold flat. :angry:

I have a tow-knob cycle carrier which is just about OK for the Nazca, although it overhangs on one side by about 10cms, even with all the position-of-the-wheels-on-the-carrier adjustments done. :sad: The Disco is 2.10m wide (wing-mirror to wing-mirror), the Nazca is about 2.20m in length, chainring to rear mudguard reflector.

I'd like to be able to open the back door, insert Nazca, tie it upright (hydraulic disc brakes:stop:) and drive to wherever, gently patting my Nazca and whispering sweet nothings to it :shy:.

Currently, Citroen Berlingo is topping the list. Not looking to splash too much - £ 6,000 tops ?

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Lwb Transit then you could kit out with double bed for you and Nazca...;)

bianchi1

Guru
VW transporter kombi. Rear seats pop out in seconds...just the job and counts as a car for insurance, toll roads, ferries etc.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any possibility of painting a mark on the boom where it needs to be, then dropping it down before putting it in the car tank ! ^_^ Some of us have to take wheels off to get bikes in our cars ! :tongue:

Top Bottom