what Cycle computer with HR monitor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ELL

Über Member
I am after a bike computer with HR monitor and was after a few recommendations. it hasn’t got to be fancy all I need is heart rate, speed, time, distance and avg speed. I am not wanting to spend much over £35 so what would you say would be best.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've got one of these -

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/productdetail.asp?productcatalogue=CATECOMP600000000000

always does the job ok, although the chest strap is a bit fiddly until you get used to it.

OP
OP
ELL

ELL

Über Member
looks good, is that wireless for the sensor on the wheel as well or just the HR monitor? If it is how good is it its just that i have had one which was wireless before and it wasn't that good so think i want a wired one

stephec

Legendary Member
It's all wireless, works well normally, although I have had recorded a max speed of 69mph when it's sat next to my laptop. Never had a problem when I'm out on a ride though.

The only thing that goes against it is that the hrm is tied in to the speedo, so if you want to use the hrm on a turbo you're stuffed as you need your front wheel turning constantly (unless you can get someone to wiggle a magnet in front of the sensor for you). What a great way for the kids to earn their spends. :smile:

stoofa

ive got a Cateye HR200 DW to. good piece of kit. good battery life, not had a problem yet, and ive had it about 18 months.

Top Bottom