What do you do when your bike gets wet ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bizarre confession time: Do you know, when I was about 14 I used to do gardening and general stuff at a friend's house (now an architectural award-winner, I'm proud to say) about 7 miles away from home, which I cycled twice a day. For some reason I got an idea that I wanted to leave a trail of water all the way so I strapped a garden spray full of water to my luggage rack and set up the nozzle to leave a 7 mile wet line all the way from our house to his. 40 years later I've no idea why I did this.
Clearly you were subconsciously concerned about your ability to find your way home!   ;)  

You'd be hoping that it didn't rain or your navigation trail would be washed out, but also that conditions didn't get too hot or it would evaporate.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well it totally pi$$ed it down on this mornings commute in SE London. Soaked wet through. Which I don;t really mind as long as I'm not cold.

So as per ColinJ.. a few bounces of the bike to shake all the access water off, then a quick wipe done. All done and dusted ready for this evenings commute.

Biggsy-

Just wondered what everyone does when there pride and joy gets a good soaking. Is it leave it to dry ? quick wipe over with a towel and that's it ? or the full works drying lubing etc etc,if so how long do you spend drying / cleaning ? Just curious really how riders differ in caring for there bikes.

I usually just leave it to dry, indoors, then lube the chain if necessary. I will wipe it down if much filthed up. That only takes a few mins.

Never spray with a hose as the water may get in where it you don't want it to.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I use one sheet of Bounty with thirst pockets [sup]tm[/sup], that seems to do the job. :biggrin:

That would be Juan Sheet then

plentyadv2010-2.jpg

KRUSSELL

Try ACF 50 it will cost about £13. but it coats the frame and kills any rust if you have a steel frame.
Makes everything easier to clean and should last about a year for one coating.
Depending how generous you are with the spray, you should get two or three coatings.
Handy link http://www.bikeradar...on-formula-9086

Top Bottom