What do you guy's think of this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveyB1981

I am male haha, and yeah i totally agree with everything you said. :smile: You are definately right, the suspension seatpost- wtf lol? and yeah im just looking at buying a new saddle asap as these have been put on afterwards.
Thanks for your advice,
Dylan

I have an original seat off a Giant Defy 3.5 I was thinking of selling...

Dave

OP
OP
M
Hey you guys Globalti and DaveyB both lancashire lads ey, me too. :smile:

DaveyB1981

Oh really? That'd be pretty good. :biggrin: Although, i have my eye on one on eBay :wacko: so it just depends whether i can snap it up or not... I do live in Blackpool too so it'd be handy haha.

Where abouts in Blackpool are you? Sounds ideal if you don't get the ebay one!

Gimme a yell if you want it...saves me advertising/posting.

Dave

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Not bad. It looks like someone has made a few component changes since new (and not for the better).

1. That Saddle looks like a womans specific saddle (perhaps you are a woman?).

2. The suspension seatpost needs to go - they are the worst things ever and very uncomfortable.

3. That adjustable handlebar stem also needs replacing

I'm sure all these three things were not on the bike when it was new and IMO shouldn't be on the bike now!

IIRC early Giant compacts had those adjustable stems, somewhere I have a very old TCR review which had the same set-up.
I agree the suspension seatpost has no place on such a bike, should be a layback post.

Overall looks OK.

DaveyB1981

the bid ends today so we shall see and well technically speaking i live in Poulton but I can meet anywhere in town :smile:

I know Poulton well...went to school there and was actually there last night. I'm just up the round in Thornton.

Be up for it if you fancy a spin out some time.

Dave

OP
OP
M
Hey, yeah me too :smile: and I made a big mistake... left my mum incharge of the eBay bid while I went to work :tired:

Convo goes as follows:

"Me: Bid on this seat for me please?
Mother: Yeah sure
Me: Try's to explain how to always win the item
Mother: Don't worry im a pro...i dont need telling.
*4 hours later*
Mother: Lost the bid soz

wtf? :SxD

shame, anyway better not sound too dissapointed but damn it was perfect :sad:

Might need to buy that bike seat off you afterall? haha

I know Poulton well...went to school there and was actually there last night. I'm just up the round in Thornton.

Be up for it if you fancy a spin out some time.

Dave

Top Bottom