What do you recommend for real fatigue.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not saying there's nothing wrong @Dave7 & as others have said keep pushing your GP they should still do consults & arrange tests, but could it just be the situation that we all find ourselves in. You may not realise it, but has depression snuck up on you? Try to analyse what it is that is causing the listlessness, a bit of positive thinking, look at some of the things you can do rather than dwelling on what you can't. Hope you feel batter soon.
Appreciate that thanks.
Me and MrsD had flu at the same time and virtually identical after affects/symptoms.
Worst part was waking up fine 0600. Sit in conservatory and the shakes start. Cold, pouring sweat, legs like lead.
Much improved today.....as I said, 1st time in 3 months.
I wont discount depression (I know it can come from no where) but I do not feel the slightest bit down. Apart from this problem every day seems a bonus to me. Even though I can't cycle at all or walk far I enjoy life and appreciate what I have.

12boy

Guru
I strongly recommend the full panel bloodwork to make sure it's not thyroid, an infection of some sort or a nutritional deficiency. I would consider avoiding alcohol until you feel well. I would also consider some type of resistance training. If weights are unavailable stretchy bands can be very useful. A couple of years ago I was thrown off my Brompton, of course due to my stupidity, and broke my pelvis in 3 places. Besides going to therapy I used bands to exercise at home. The 10 days at a rehab center resulted in a 15 lb loss of muscle mass and I was as weak as a kitten. I couldn't go home until I could successfully navigate the 14 steps into the house on crutches. The advantage to resistance training is you can spread it out over your whole body, working core, arms back and legs and not just your legs. Best of luck in getting your mojo back.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Anecdotally, I think the C19 recovery is variable.
Child 2, is believed to have caught it in February and even after the isolation period passed, she had fatigue. A couple of miles on her bike with me, with very gentle pedaling wiped her out. And sometimes in the house she was clearly suffering oxygen problems as she had blue lips. - Luckily i have a supply of 100% oxygen and she has kept the cylinder and respirator in her bedroom just in case.
It is only very recently that her stamina has begun to return to what it was before.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I get a full blood check approx every 12 weeks and a B12 injection at the same time. The injection can sometimes be a bit painful but I have learned to be stoical about such things. I also get a kidney scan every 6 months and heart ultrasound every 12 months. Waiting on a liver scan but it presumably not regarded as urgent since it was cancelled during lockdown. While I remember am also on vitamin D supplement.
All this courtesy of NHS Scotland in addition to blood pressure pills ,lansoprazole and low dose simvastatin.

Top Bottom