What do you think of this bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
link doesn't work for me?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Will this bike be fast enough on tarmac?
Fast enough for what?

Time trials - no.

Whizzing about and having fun - yes!

I have an older Cannondale. They called them cyclocross bikes then, but it is really the same type of thing except I have a double chainset on mine. I have done some long rides on it and never felt that it was 'too slow'.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks like a good bike. At least everyone will know it's new as the manufacturers no longer seem to be plastering their name all over the place and Cannondale now look like they're limiting it to just one graphic.
I've got a similar Specialized but it has an unfashionable triple and a steel frame & fork.
Rolls well enough on tarmac and comfy on the rough stuff if that's what you want to know but won't feel as sprightly as a road bike. Geometry on these bikes tends to be quite relaxed and the wheelbase is usually quite long making them feel like a tourer.
I'm sure you won't be disappointed but don't expect it to handle like a TdF machine.
Remember you'll have quite big gaps in between gears with this set up.
The next burning question is when is it available :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
Nice colour :okay:
but seems very expensive given the level of kit (Microshift) and by all accounts not very good Promax mechanical disc brakes

this is 25% cheaper and you get 11 gears
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXLDNRDSA1/planet-x-london-road-sram-apex-1-disc-road-bike

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Didnt check that Vicky, not quite poverty spec but doesn't look much of a bargain. Formula hubs too :sad:. A square taper BB completes the picture so no Shimano Hollowtech.
You'll always get better VfM from non big name brands.

Top Bottom