What do you think of this bike..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Looks okay, would be fine to start getting into mountain biking, very good to get fit on (not sure how fit you are now, so if you have just finished the TdF please don't get upset) and perfect to learn how to ride many of the trails.

What are you planning to do with it?

OP
OP
C

con101193

Just mainly for road riding not many actually mountain bike trails, just want to be able to go on them aswell if i need to

OP
OP
C

con101193

No its for like just messing around with friends when we go on bike rides, nothing far just 40 miles on country roads and we go into the forest on jumps ocasionally

GilesM

Legendary Member
Not ideal for road riding, but if the distance isn't great and the speed isn't high, then should be okay, especially if you are all on similar bikes, and it will be fun on forest jumps. A mountain bike on the road will be slower for the same effort, so you just have to think how much you will go off road.

jethro10

Über Member
jimboalee said:
Another overpriced BSO.

why?
This didn't help me much (I know it wasn't my question, but it all helps to learn)
J

simon_brooke

Like everyone else has said, a mountain bike is not ideal if most of what you want to do is road riding. If you want a bike which is competent on road and off, a cross bike is probably the best compromise.

Having said that, anyone who describes an entry-level Cannondale as 'an overpriced BSO' is an idiot.Yes, the build kit on it isn't the best (but what do you expect at that price), but the frame is about the best in the business, and if you replace the components as they wear out with upmarket equivalents you will end up with a very nice bike indeed (although still one which is not well adapted to road riding).

Top Bottom