What do your kids do to keep themselves occupied?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My grandson told his parents yesterday that today will be a day in school and he will be the teacher.He is only 10 by the way. He said lessons will start at 10 am a with a spelling test. So he got up this morning and put on a shirt and tie ( must look the part). ;)
I don't know how they got on yet but what a good idea. He certainly has good imagination.^_^
I will ring them later, when school is finished to find out. :whistle:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
my nearly teenage lad is cleaning the house , he must be bored !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Mine are doing what they always do - lazy good-for-nothings...

They just lounge about all day waiting to be conceived... Looks like they will have a long wait! :laugh:

My sister's kids are doing the same as Julia's - they have moved back in with mum for the duration and are enjoying spending more time with her. (Chatting, dog walking, cooking, dining, TV, reading etc...)

Gunk

Guru
I’ve got a daughter of 17 and a son of 15 and as I’m Furloughed I am really enjoying some time with them, I’ve been going for walks with my daughter and long rides with my son, we’ve set up a badminton net in the garden and it’s been nice seeing them play each other.

Obviously like other teenagers they like a bit of screen time but I’ve tried to divert their attention by keeping us all busy. The weather has been a huge bonus.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Our adult daughter shares a flat seven miles away but her flatmate has gone home to his parents so she figured she would get lonely. She's been back in with us since the start of restrictions. She still works 9 to 5 from a spare room here. Some of her colleagues have been furloughed but she's grateful that she hasn't been. Being pretty good at IT, she "meets" her friends online for gatherings and virtual drinks parties etc etc. So far, she seems pretty happy. It's good to have her here.

Drago

Legendary Member
On what would be a school day Mini D has to put her iPad away at 0900hrs.

Then reading until 1030 break, 1100 to 1200 handwriting, spelling or maths. 1200 tom1300 lunch. 1300 to 1400 she's allowed to watch a documentary (we've recorded loads in readiness) then reading until 1520 when school would normally end. While it's not ideal, I'm determined she won't pees these months away playing video games like her chums are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom