What happened to cyclosport.org?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhague

Does anyone know why cyclosport.org now redirects to everydaycycling.com? Although EverydayCycling seems to be doing something similar to Cyclosport, it's much harder to navigate, and my cyclosport.org user profile isn't there. Furthermore, there is no information on the new site about why things have changed. I'm confused...

- Darren

bumsteer

This is really annoying. I was keeping a blog of all my 2009 training rides and sportives and notes of each event in the diary section of Cyclosport.org. Now it's all gone. If the profiles haven't migrated to EC I'm not going to bother re-registering.

Mark Harding of CycloSport has been in a state of personal dispute, not far off undeclared war, with British Cycling/EverydayCycling for a couple of years, so I suspect someone may have thought it fun to redirect his site over to them...

Leadlegs

I tried to visit the website yesterday and pulled up a weird kind of error page. When I tried again later, everything was getting redirected to Everyday Cycling.

I figure that the site has been hacked. Hopefully things will get restored soon as I find it to be a very useful site and enjoy using it.

I agree with you Darren, the Everyday Cycling site is a nightmare to navigate.

bumsteer

Hurrah for that. I recall I was asked to register with EverydayCycling in conjunction with entering an event. Until I am satisfied that they did not hi-jack the Cyclosport site, I have resolved never to have anything more to do with them. And if they did, they should be duly sanctioned, nay, punished :tongue:

bonj2

is everydaycycling not an arm of britishcycling.org??
I entered a sportive and had to register with everydaycycling, but when i entered another one that was also hosted by british cycling i had to enter the details again, it never sent me confirmation of my login.

OP
OP
dhague

dhague

There's a post on the Cyclosport forums which says that the site got brought down by a virus. Until they fixed it, they put in the redirect to EverydayCycling, being another sportive resource.

So, it seems that there was no foul play from EverydayCycling - if anything, quite the reverse.

Cheers,
Darren

Top Bottom