What have i let myself in for??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
So in September some members of staff are doing a bike ride from london to manchester. and i've signed up for it...
at the moment i'm not doing the distances required so i'm stepping up the training, i have at least until the middle of september so all is not lost.

the plan is to do this run over 4 days, company is paying for us northerners to get down south by train, and all kit is being driven in a support van so we can get down to the serious task of hoofing it up hills etc on our un-laden bikes.
naturally we're staying in travelodges and premier inn's etc because they're business excecs and frankly would laugh at me should i suggest packing a tarp, bivi bag and blanket...

day 1 is a half day, 40 miles from white city to thame.
day 2 is a full day, 70 miles from thame to worcester
day 3 is a full day, 66 miles worcester to whitchurch
day 4 is a half day, 41 miles from whitchurch to south of manchester.

I'll be doing this on a hybrid, i'll be taking off the rack tho, if the van is carrying kit i don't need it on and every drop in weight helps!
turns out i'll be travelling with alot of bigwigs in the company too, there's a fair few keen cyclists amongst us so i'm actually looking forward to it.

does anyone have any advice now before i start laying out an aggressive training regime?
wish me luck!
pete

perplexed

Guru
Sounds like a great ride, I'm jeleouse jeluse jealose filled with envy! :biggrin:

Top Bottom