What is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Recycle

Über Member
My daughter spotted this in Salzburg today.
e70e15d5-6983-4082-962b-a71a3ee0e7d4.jpg

claudbutler

That was never born within the sound of Bow Bells:eek:

Ganymede

Veteran
Did she see anyone riding it? It looks unusably uncomfortable! Reminds me of this: http://www.onobikes.com/ the archont bike - there is an e-version too, and I can't find any video of anyone actually riding one! It proudly sports a Brooks saddle with no visible means of support to the back. I'm convinced it's an elaborate money-laundering exercise.

analog.jpg

Actually, googling's great isn't it... found this too:
onda-cycle-7595.jpg

http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/fitness/equipment/onda-cycle.asp This is really just a toy but I enjoyed the All-American video. Nowhere near me would have smooth enough paths.

Ganymede

Veteran
Pedals must be dangerously close to the road when in motion, though :ohmy:
Yes, you'd have to pedal with the middle of your foot unless you wanted the backs of your shoes scraped off!

I also suspect the '20s look might be more of a hipsterish reinterpretation of the era...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It's defo got that 'hipster' look**, hasn't it ? ^_^

** usually meaning it looks cool but isn't quite practical enough for anything other than looking cool ! :laugh:

Ganymede

Veteran
It's defo got that 'hipster' look**, hasn't it ? ^_^

** usually meaning it looks cool but isn't quite practical enough for anything other than looking cool ! :laugh:
Well I mean, what's with the rope and string?

I just tried to google "Pearly King Bike" and "Bike Pearly King" but all you get is pictures of blokes with a lot of buttons.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Well I mean, what's with the rope and string?
Modern retro-look bar tape and cover-up-the-cracks-in-the-frame 'paint' ! :laugh:

Top Bottom