What is the consequnces? (Buckled Wheel)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
It'll probably get worse, it'll affect your brakes, it may result in your brake blocks rubbing through your tyre sidewalls and it may make you RLJ.

bad boy

Über Member
I very much doubt it will collapse how bad is the buckle ??.

I think if it was that bad you would probably know the answer without posting so that tells me its probably a slightly bend upon spinning the wheel in which case ultimately it will probably get worse in time so better to get it looked at soon.

As above, depends how bad.

If it gets really bad it could collapse in on itself and suck you and the rest of the world into the singularity.

Or at least be a little bit drastic with a broken spoke or something.....

Ah, for the halcyon days of steel rigida rims when a "buckle" actually meant a big crease in the rim that required a vice to remove, but you never bothered because for once your standard steel sidepulls with leather faced blocks COULD actually lock the back wheel up as good as any back-pedal brake on your mate's mum's shopper

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i had two spokes go on me and i didn't realise at the time. i was five miles from home having ridden a sedate 65 on a gentleman's club ride and it was one of my first rides of note after returning after a layoff.

i though i had lost so much fitness, until i got off and wheeled the bike into the house, and realised that the wheel dragging on the ground. i felt better after that and, as the rim was pretty concave anyway, junked the wheel.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
That'll teach me to put off maintenance. The report I thought was due in today, is actually due tomorrow (at least its done) and perhaps a separate occurrence but my front brake cable snapped tonight, so that was one very slow commute home, mostly downhill. I'll have to fix that and might as well to see to the buckle as well.

Top Bottom