What make is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User42423

029.JPG 031.JPG 030.JPG 032.JPG 033.JPG

While displaying/attending a steam rally over the weekend, I saw this contraption. I spoke with the owner/driver (an old gent), & he assured me it was French (but no other info). Sadly, I couldn't identify it.

We've exchanged details with the aim of identifying it.

S-Express

The engine is a German Sachs unit, very common in mopeds of that era - and the fuel tank (which does not look original as it's plastic) is from a British made Atco lawnmower. Not sure about the rest.

OP
OP
U

User42423

The engine is a German Sachs unit, very common in mopeds of that era - and the fuel tank (which does not look original as it's plastic) is from a British made Atco lawnmower. Not sure about the rest.

Thanks for info. The ATCO fuel tank is a later addition. The only foreign company I could think of for these was Poirier.

classic33

Leg End Member
Engine is from the early '50's.

OP
OP
U

User42423

Poirier Manulette appears to be exactly what it is. But without the handcycle fitting, although you can see the drive sprocket is still on the front wheel in your pics.

View attachment 352577

A very big thank you to you S-Express. I will forward to info on the owner. Next thing is to try and get a catalogue page.

classic33

Leg End Member

Top Bottom