What 'puter ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

beanzontoast said:
Dave - how quiet would you say that pc is relatively? Can you hear the fans at all?

I am aware of them if the room is quiet, but they are not obtrusive, I am sat here at the moment on my own with no other equipment running but the central heating in the kitchen behind me, I am aware of a very quiet back ground noise. but it is quieter than the central heating

nigelb

Had a look at the spec, hunted around, and came to the conclusion that this is a cracking deal - a rather powerful beastie for a modest price.

Of course, none left at our Aldi, the guy there said they went "rather fast"!

Nige

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I've taken the plunge !

After much faffing about, I went for the Dino PC 20-302 AMD Dual Core PC with a few extra bits'n'pieces.

This leaves me about £125 for a monitor to keep within budget. :biggrin:

Keeping within budget would probably be a first :smile:.

Thanks all for your advice - but no need to stop here, I still need that monitor ! Does anyone know the difference between a BenQ 'E' prefixed monitor and a 'G' prefix ?

Coco

The E monitor has built in speakers & audio inputs. It also has AMA support which is a BenQ technology that claims to improve moving image response. Also the E has and HDMI input in case you want to plug in for example a blu-ray dvd (and I think some of the newer graphics cards come with HDMI connections).

The G model has none of these features.

D

Deleted member 1258

scoosh said:
I've taken the plunge !

After much faffing about, I went for the Dino PC 20-302 AMD Dual Core PC with a few extra bits'n'pieces.

This leaves me about £125 for a monitor to keep within budget. ;)

Keeping within budget would probably be a first ;).

Thanks all for your advice - but no need to stop here, I still need that monitor ! Does anyone know the difference between a BenQ 'E' prefixed monitor and a 'G' prefix ?

Same one I have. What were the extra bits and pieces? I added the coolmaster for extra cooling, what operating system are you using?

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
dave r said:
Same one I have. What were the extra bits and pieces? I added the coolmaster for extra cooling, what operating system are you using?
I added a graphics card and Win 7.

The 10-yr old machine will be converted to 'play' with Linux. ;)

Coco - that's great, nice and clear. Thanks for that.;)

D

Deleted member 1258

scoosh said:
I added a graphics card and Win 7.

The 10-yr old machine will be converted to 'play' with Linux. :biggrin:

Coco - that's great, nice and clear. Thanks for that.:smile:

I am running Linux, Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic. I was going to add the ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB card but changed my mind after reading of some people having problems making it work with Ubuntu, I just have the onboard video.

Top Bottom