What really happened today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Speicher said:
You are right, and so was Alan Biles, but he guessed really early. :blush:

Usually I finish at 4.30, but we needed to practice the Fire Drill. So I was asked to hide in the Meeting Room, where public meetings are sometimes held, while a Fire Drill was carried out. Then we all had to meet at the designated Safety point, and come back in again, and discuss it.

The bag of Gold coins from Ghana was pretend ones that were made from Fairtrade Chocolate, a present from a colleague.

"Squashed heat" was a phrase used to describe the process of ground source wast heat pump thingies watsits.

The conversation about fights between robots was one of the Home Tutored visitors, who thought a war would solve the problems we have at the moment. It was explained to him about a war involving people dying, and he replied that perhaps we should introduce rationing, and/or get robots to fight. When asked how they would fight without destroying people's homes, he suggested the Moon.

So in fact, it all happened today, except for going home on time. :ohmy:

Well you sure have an interesting life speich, nothing like that happens in my little world?

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Other strange things have happened. Like the day someone came in wearing what looked like pjamas with a yellow t-shirt over the top. He had a strange hairstyle with a bit of brightly coloured hair sticking out of the top of his head, and very bright red shoes. I thought to myself that he looked a bit of a clown. I was right, he was a clown, and had come into the Centre to see what facitilies were there because the next week, he was involved with a Special Event in the park, and he would be doing his trick cycling and his juggling acts.

Then there was the day that we lost the staircase. A surveyor from the Council needed to check something in the basement, but we could not find the stairs to the basement. :angry: They are so rarely used that normal floorboards have been put over the top, and then some tables.

I am only there one day a week, what would I be like if I worked there full-time? :biggrin::blush::biggrin::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Speicher said:
The conversation about fights between robots was one of the Home Tutored visitors, who thought a war would solve the problems we have at the moment. It was explained to him about a war involving people dying, and he replied that perhaps we should introduce rationing, and/or get robots to fight. When asked how they would fight without destroying people's homes, he suggested the Moon.

You can't beat logic like that....:angry:

I love 'losing the stairs' too...

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
He was extremely logical. We, that is the child (tutored at home, but comes to the Centre to be with the Home Tutored Group) and his mum and I also went on to discuss the impartiality of the robots when they reported back on the incidents in this war. We thought it would be too easy to programme the robots always to report back that they were winning. He has a lot of physical disabilities, and a very sharp brain.

We also talked briefly about the new version of "Thirty-nine steps" and if the plot might have been changed slightly as the original film was made in 1950's and the book was written in the 1930's IIRC.

We also discussed knitted Christmas trees, as his mum is the Organiser of the Saturday Knits Club. I will try and take a photo of the tree. :angry: The pattern was in a Knitting Magazine, Arch, so if you hear of something similar, please let me know.

Top Bottom