What road bike in the £1k bracket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Cycle2work is now up to a grand for me now, in fact there are two schemes running C2W via Halfords and CyclePlus which is via local bike shops. So anyway cutting to the chase what do you recommend ? Seen some Treks and a Giant, I know a LBS which sells Cube but it ain`t on my list of LBS to use.

@HLaB LBS in Fife, can you recommend any bikes in that price bracket from the local places ? Thinking Hardie Bikes, Sandy`s also Spokes in Kirkcaldy and another in Burntisland, name evades me for now ?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Something by Genesis perhaps?

Cycle2work is now up to a grand for me now, in fact there are two schemes running C2W via Halfords and CyclePlus which is via local bike shops. So anyway cutting to the chase what do you recommend ? Seen some Treks and a Giant, I know a LBS which sells Cube but it ain`t on my list of LBS to use.

@HLaB LBS in Fife, can you recommend any bikes in that price bracket from the local places ? Thinking Hardie Bikes, Sandy`s also Spokes in Kirkcaldy and another in Burntisland, name evades me for now ?
Andy Hain In Leslie carries a big stock Leslie Bike Shop, theres Bike Scotland Malcomb St Dunfermline and Planet Velo in the centre of Dunfermline.

PVelo do Mekk and Willier and they offfer Good VfM
Hardies do Trek and SWC do merida but probably do other stuff too ;-)

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
might take a wee look in planet velo, although my last experience, tells me I should give them none of my cash :tongue:. I think the best value for money is probably the Giant Defy but not sure its much of an improvement over my current Giant SCR 2 which I find quite a comfy bike but not racey enough for me, got a tall head tube so I`ve slammed the stem down as far as poss, as I like to get the arse up in the air and hit the hammer :biggrin: Was actually thinking of a Cube road bike, however going to have a good look at the C2W page today and see if I can find a dealer, the guy up in Dunfermline was not showing up ??

Top Bottom