what should l have done.. what can l do now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray316

Über Member
Cycling along through a village yestaday and at the last minute a guy decide's to turn across my right of way into a small car park..
l had no time to avoid him and hit his front passenger door and ended up on the floor still in my foot straps, shocked and annoyed l shouted some foul language as l slowly got to my feet..
When l said what were you thinking.. he replied he did'nt see me..and he was sorry..
Anyway took a witness phone number and the drivers phone number and reg of car also photo to the damage of his passenger side door..
Someone from a shop came across and asked if l needed a ambulance l said no just my lower back/backside cheeks was hurting abit..Sat on a chair for abit and was given a cup of tea still shaken up abit.
The front handlebars and brake lever were pushed sideways through impact and chain came off but got these straight and chain on at the time and there was no real damage to the bike.
Driver said if you do not want a ambulance get to a walk in centre to get checked over, and l said l will..
After a while l left with phone numbers and photos taken and went home...
It's now sunday morning and l did'nt go to the walk in centre yestaday or report it but my lower back is still hurting and do not know what or if l can do anything ..in other words can l claim for physical injury from this driver, after all he has caused the discomfort to the lower back/backside cheeks .. if l can what do l do next .. or should l have done something at the time of the accident..

ScotiaLass

Guru
First off go and get yourself checked out.
You can sort out the rest afterwards....

Sharky

Guru
Report it to the police - use the 101 number. They will advise and give you an accident reference number if applicable.
If you think you will need to claim for injury, you will need documented evidence, so see your doctor and get it recorded.
If you are in the CTC - contact their legal advice team.

Speedy recovery
Keith

classic33

Leg End Member
See Solicitor or not thread.
Get yourself checked as soon as possible, then get the bike checked. Any head impact?
Get what you can remember down on paper & then get it into correct order. A quick check can be made of the frame by checking the tubing behind the the head/steerer tube, for any signs of wrinkling.
Do a site search for working copy(blowing my own trumpet here) but you'll find others offering similar advice in the same threads.

OP
OP
R

ray316

Über Member
quote="Sharky, post: 2968564, member: 32103"]Report it to the police - use the 101 number. They will advise and give you an accident reference number if applicable.
If you think you will need to claim for injury, you will need documented evidence, so see your doctor and get it recorded.
If you are in the CTC - contact their legal advice team.

Speedy recovery
Keith[/quote]
Had a phone call this afternoon from the police, the driver reported the incident and have accident ref number.. Just wanted my version of what happened and are going to speak to the driver .. Also been to walk in centre and have bruising of the sacrum (upper backside area)..
Bike seems ok .. so just have discomfort which should go in next week or two...

Top Bottom