What size inner tube do I need?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have suffered my first puncture today, and would like some advice on buying a replacement inner tube.

My bike is a 2012 Saracen Clever Mike, which has Schwalbe Citizen 700x35c tyres.

Which inner tube do I need, and is Halfords OK to get it from?

Cheers,

Kev

musa

Über Member
halfords is fine

look on the box for which is in the range so itll be like 700x??-??
question marks being the range ie 18-25c

OP
OP
C

CaerlyrOsprey

Regular
Any advice on removing a rear wheel that has a Shimano Alfine Hub?

Berties

Fast and careful!
next question if one bike has a 700x23 and your other bike has a 700x25 is there a inner tube that fits both?

next question if one bike has a 700x23 and your other bike has a 700x25 is there a inner tube that fits both?
If you can find a tube that fits the range of both, like 700x23-28 or 700x23-25, it will indeed fit both. If you can only find 700x19-23 it'll be slightly too small for the 25mm tyre but would see you by in an emergency and similarly a 700x25-32 tube would be too large for the 23mm tyre. Sorry if this is garbled its been written in between TdF interviews :blush:

Berties

Fast and careful!
If you can find a tube that fits the range of both, like 700x23-28 or 700x23-25, it will indeed fit both. If you can only find 700x19-23 it'll be slightly too small for the 25mm tyre but would see you by in an emergency and similarly a 700x25-32 tube would be too large for the 23mm tyre. Sorry if this is garbled its been written in between TdF interviews :blush:
Many thanks

OP
OP
C

CaerlyrOsprey

Regular
Hi Snorri,

I "youtubed" my problem, and came across a really good video demonstration.

Have removed the wheel and replaced the inner tube.

Now feel pretty good about myself, having learned a new skill.

Cheers,

Kev.

Top Bottom