What size of a road bike frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have 8 bikes and the CDF does not get used that much. Even then the stem has been changed for a vey short tilting stem. I think it is a 52 frame. It was so cheap it was worth a gamble.
Which bit does the 52 refer to though. That’s the issue here, every manufacturer ‘ sizes’ differently!
I don’t think the OP can try and buy, presumably not in UK as quoting the Wiggle price in Euros

Gunk

Guru
I think it’s very difficult to say that because I’m x height I need a y sized frame. It depends on the geometry and and what your preferences are.

I’m 5’8” and my preference is a smaller more compact frame so I tend to ride 50-51 cms,

AWM6

Über Member
Your project sounds awesome.

I am the same height as you and have always found that the 54cm frame is best for me. This is actually quite personal and you should definitely try both sizes (even across different brands) before buying. My personal opinion is that if I am on the cusp of 2 road bike frames, I will take the smaller, lighter frame.

Saying that, if you are 5'9'" you "should" comfortably be in the 54 cm range. The 56 cm frame "should" be from 5'10" - 6'2"

Good luck with what ever you choose. I don't think you can go catastrophically wrong...

Top Bottom