What this sunshine does.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
Location
Meanwoodshire.
We have had some lovely sunshine for a week now.And i have managed four great rides.What a difference it has made to my state of mind.I feel so much happier.I think i must suffer from SAD because i do get some right moods on.Keep this sun coming.
 

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Location
Northumberland
I'm sadder than ever because I've not been able to get out much this week, so have wasted the dry warm nights... ;(
 

Night Train

Maker of Things
I am certainly happier with longer days. The heat is a bit of a pain though. I will be on the roof fixing a chimney, in the morning, before the slates are hot enough to fry eggs on.
 

ASC1951

Legendary Member
Location
Yorkshire
We have had some lovely sunshine for a week now.
We have indeed. I pottered my way out to Little Almscliff and Almscliff yesterday, via Lindley and Norwood Bank, and what with the sun and the heat I found myself going quite slowly up the final hill to ASC Towers.

I think this SAD business is an age thing, as well. It never bothered me until my early 50s, now I find that I need a cheap week in a concrete hutch in the Costas round about November otherwise I get very grumpy indeed.
 

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
SAD proper certainly isn't an age thing - I remember the huge lift I got the first time I sat in front of a lightbox - in my 20s. It's easily treatable with 20 minutes of therapy a day.

There's very robust evidence it's not just a placebo - and certainly (and anecdotally) I've reached for my desk treatment lamp in the office more than once during April and early May.
 

ASC1951

Legendary Member
Location
Yorkshire
Double posting, though, srw - surely that's an age thing?;)
 

Silver Fox

Legendary Member
I thought this would be a thread about women wearing summer outfits.

On that subject it's fast approaching the time of year for the ' wasp' defence when a driver shunts into the back of the car infront whilst not paying attention due to scoping some scantily clad lady. But officer I was distracted by a wasp that flew into my car.

Not very convincing I know but sounds better than, Officer, I was distracted by a fantastic pair of knockers :whistle:
 

Col5632

Legendary Member
Location
Cowdenbeath
On that subject it's fast approaching the time of year for the ' wasp' defence when a driver shunts into the back of the car infront whilst not paying attention due to scoping some scantily clad lady. But officer I was distracted by a wasp that flew into my car.

Not very convincing I know but sounds better than, Officer, I was distracted by a fantastic pair of knockers :whistle:

If i do crash it will be due to doing this :laugh:
 
Top Bottom