what to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rsvdaz

WA05 MXG Stagecoach Double decker - Newton Road, Kingskerswell nr Torquay Devon - 18:30 31st March 2010

on my home last night in the cycle lane of a busy A road between Newton Abbot and Torquay, The cycle lane is the usual 750-1000mm wide cycle lane ony with plenty of width of the remaining carriageway.

The traffic slows down to a crawl and the bus driver either it was funny or clever to force me to stop by driving his 20tonne plus vehicle into the cycle lane - he knew I was there as when he eventually let me pass we made eye contact - I gave him the ol' W sign to let him know I wasnt best pleased.

Further up the road when he gained speed he did it again..but this time much much closer xx(:sad:

I havent got a camera so its his word against mine..but at the least I thought it was driving without due care at worst attempted murder!!

Am I wasting my time going to the police complaining to Stagecoach or mark it down as experience!?

Probabably not worth the police without any evidence, however, it is certainly worth contacting Stagecoach. A lot of buses/coaches have internal and extrenal CCTV now, so if you give them the details, they may have footage of the incident.

Sounds like a nasty run in. xx(

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'd be tempted to write them a letter (paper and post). It might be worth mentioning that you're not proud for having pulled a sign, but lost control because his actions were deliberate and vindictive and you had no other recourse against a bully in a coach.

rsvdaz said:
cheers..letter will on the way to them!

I'd e-mail as well. The reason being that CCTV might be deleted after a certain time. you want them to get the complaint as soon as possible.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Stagecoach do use internal CCTV over the driver to record his actions, plus an external forward cam facing out towards the direction the coach is travelling in. They may also have a cam inside over the passengers.

If there is no reason for him to be moving into the cyclelane (eg he's sat in stationary traffic and not picking up passengers) then he's going to find it hard to explain why he moved in such a way.

Top Bottom